Wednesday 5 February 2014

PLACEMENT DAY 18 - ULTIMATE FASHION INTERN KIT:


It's the 18th day of my internship at Asos and I've got to admit, I've settled in really well. I feel like one of the team now and I've picked up pretty much everything I need to know easily. I've learnt the ropes so I head into the office in the morning and can get to work without being told what to do. It feels really good and I'm really enjoying my time with the company.

I thought I'd do something a bit different with my blog post today to make my page more beneficial to others who need guidance through a fashion internship based in the capital. I have put together a number of essentials which I would recommend for any fashion intern in London. Enjoy!

1. A nail file - This may seem like a stereotypical item for a fashion intern, however the amount of times I have broken or snagged a nail whilst running errands is uncountable! The most annoying thing is having a snagged nail when you are trying to complete a really hands on job. Having a nail file near by is always handy!

2. A comfy pair of shoes - I know you may look at these heels at think, 'comfy? really?', but for a 5"3 girl like me who dreams of a bit of height, these platforms are perfect. They are super comfy and can make any outfit look that bit more fashionista. Comfy shoes are a must for an intern as you're bound to be on your feet and walking! If flats are more for you, make sure you find a comfy pair. You can get these heels from Topshop.

3. A warm coat - If you are interning in the winter, a warm and cosy coat is a must! I love a faux fur coat like this one as they are super comfy and make any outfit look amazing! This one is from Asos (How ironic).

4. An iPhone - Do I really need to go into detail here? Apps? Emails? Maps? Music? Social media? Without my iPhone I would be lost and have nothing to keep me going through my long lunch hour!

5. An umbrella - You never know when the weather is going to turn. Be prepared to prevent any fluffy hair situations!

6. Earphones - Nothing better than listening to music on the tube or to keep you entertained on a job. Don't forget the earphones though as I doubt your peers will enjoy Justin Bieber blaring out in the office (in my case anyway). 

7. Oyster card - Save the hassle and get yourselves one of these bad boys! You wont regret it!

8. Hand sanitizer - The amount of germs in a day you will come in contact with through public transport and work is pretty grim. If you're on the go and can't get to the sink before you eat, get one of these little cuties. 

No comments:

Post a Comment