Monday 10 February 2014

PLACEMENT DIARY - DAY 21: JAZZ UP A DULL OUTFIT.


I tend to find Monday mornings a struggle after getting back into the swing of early mornings and my weekly routine after the weekend, so today wasn't the most pleasant of days after being completely exhausted. I should probably learn from this and go to bed a more sensible time next saturday instead of partying until 5am like usual. That's definitely a little guideline for you all.

I thought I would do a post today on how to transform a simple outfit into something that will make you stand out for your awesome styling skills. This is perfect for a regular fashion intern as we all know that we can't exactly afford to keep up with the latest fashions, let alone have the time to spend ours styling ourselves at 7.30am. Instead, these awesome accessories that are also practical for the kind of work we tend to do, and have the power to make the most plain of outfits that bit more fashionista in a matter of seconds. Here are my top 5 choices:

1. A boomin' lippy - You really can't go wrong with shoving a bit of lipstick on in the morning to make yourself seem that extra bit fashionable. It's really amazing what a daring lip can do to your look. In the Winter I like to go for the darker tones that contrast with my pale complexion. My favourite at the moment is Diva by MAC.

2. Some striking sunnies - I know sunnies aren't at the top of everyones accessory list in the winter, but sometimes us stylish peeps have to take the plunge and dare to be different. And hey! Just because it's cold outside, doesn't mean the sun doesn't shine, right? Whack on a pair of edgy sunnies to give your outfit that extra cool. I'm loving cat eye frames at the mo'.

3. Statement jewellery - I don't really need to explain this one. Decorate your dullness with some chunky chains. Marc Jacobs do some amazing pieces.

4. COMFY heels - Yes I said comfy. Remember we are fashion interns not fashion divas. Heels give you that extra boost of height, which in my sake, boosts my confidence too. They also in turn make your outfit more fashionable. Try a pair of striking platforms. These ones are amazing and ironically they're from Asos...

5. A faux fur scarf - No real fur please people! Keep warm with one of these beauties. They also make your outfit look super classy, even though I bought my latest fur collar off eBay for £5! Bargain!

No comments:

Post a Comment