Tuesday 11 February 2014

PLACEMENT DIARY - DAY 22:


I swear the days just go by so quickly! One of the ways I know I'm enjoying this placement is because I don't sit at the edge of my chair by my desk every evening aching to go home. Instead I get carried away in a task, go to look at the time, and oops! it's time to go home! Before I know it a whole week has gone by. This is why everyone should choose and intern that they know they are going to love. When applying for this 6 week placement, I was offered a placement at Vivienne Westwood. After days of struggling to make a decision, I finally chose Asos because I knew it would be such a better atmosphere and I would get more out of it. I don't regret that decision (Plus I have bags of free clothes and I probably wouldn't have got that from Viv's HQ). 

One of my biggest tips would be to go for as many interviews as you can when choosing your placement. Although you are being questioned on your knowledge and character, it's also a way to interview the companies for yourself. You get to see the places you will be working, the people you are working with, and get an overall idea on the whole perception. Don't rush your decision, as after all, you will be working for free, you might as well get some satisfaction out of it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment