Monday 13 January 2014

PLACEMENT DIARY - DAY 1:


Well it's safe to say that today was a long and tiring day. Early mornings aren't my strong point, so when I found out I had to be on set in Wimbledon at 9am on a Monday morning, you can imagine my worry. Luckily I managed to get to bed at a reasonable time on Sunday night in order to wake up at 6am this morning. At least walking to work in the dark can now be ticked off my bucket list (not that it even made it on my bucket list in the first place). 

I'm already familiar with the team at Rankin photography after assisting them on shoots previously. It was nice to be helping out again and familiarising myself with all of the goings on of a standard Rankin project. Today Rankin and the team were shooting for a Haagen Dazs commercial. My job was to assist the stylists on set and running any errands that needed to be done. 

When I had a spare moment, I would research online specific looks for a photo shoot with the Captain America actress, Hayley Atwell, which will be taking place on Friday. This involved looking at designers that she wears and likes and finding appropriate looks on Style.com that can be pulled in from PR companies for the shoot. 

I was also sent out shopping in the pouring rain, which wasn't so fun. I was instructed to buy a range of nude underwear and slip dresses for the models to wear underneath the gorgeous fitted red dresses that are featuring in the campaign. This proved harder than it sounds after most shops had sold out of standard pieces due to the January sales!



Tip of the day: Always ask for help if you are unsure. It saves time, benefits you, and saves any embarrassment later on! 


No comments:

Post a Comment