Tuesday 21 January 2014

PLACEMENT DIARY - DAY 7:


Today was even better than yesterday as I continued learning new things and was given more responsibility. I began the day with processing some send outs and it was a bit of a rush. We have deadlines throughout the day for different couriers who are located specific areas, therefore we have to prioritise each delivery and sometimes we have a bundle to do in a short space of time. My job is to ensure all the samples are labelled correctly and put into Fashion GPS when they are sent out. Sometimes the samples are already labelled so it's just a case of scanning them in, but for the majority of the time, I have to create a new label for each sample, and this involves entering a variety of details about the piece. 

Whenever I have a spare minute, I like to head downstairs to the stock room and replenish any areas that need more samples. I make sure it is organised and tidy ready for any appointments throughout the day. This is quite a fun job as you get to see all of the new seasons collections in a more glamorous arrangement. 


Tip of the day: If you have a spare minute, use your initiative to complete another job. This shows you are willing and you will receive greater responsibilities too!

No comments:

Post a Comment