Friday 17 January 2014

PLACEMENT DIARY - DAY 5: BEST IPHONE APPS.


Friday was another day of returns for Hunger Magazine. This time I had to pack the deliveries myself which meant a lot complications due to the unorganised structure of the styling world. Samples could be anywhere for I knew - trying to track them down was somewhat complicated, but luckily I managed.  Thank God it's Friday!



I don't think I could have made it through the past 5 days without my iPhone and some of the apps that I have been using to help me find my way around London and entertain me in the process. Here are some of my chosen top iPhone apps for a London fashion intern:

1. Citymapper - This app is honestly a total life saver, especially for anyone who is travelling around London doing returns and pick ups. It's hard to know your way around if you are going East to West, West to North. This app shows you every move to your destination, from bus stations and numbers, to correct trains and times, walking routes, tube routes, you name it, Citymapper will not let you down. Thanks to this app I have managed to get everywhere on time this week and it has guided me to every single location. Thanks Citymapper!

2. Tube Map - When I know I only need to get to a tube station, this is a much quicker app to use. Simply put in where you want to travel to and the program will show you all routes. It also lets you know of any service problems on that line - perfect if you are in a rush.

3. Around Me - In a hurry to get lunch? Around Me will show you the nearest restaurants and coffee shops. It will also guide you to supermarkets, taxis, banks and more - great if you don't know the area.

4. Instagram - Need I say more? The perfect place to document all of the exciting moments on your internship and sharing them with your followers.

4. The Daily Mail - Everyone loves to know the latest gossip in the world. This app is great as you can sync it whilst online so that you can read it on the tube when there is no signal. This keeps me entertained on those long journeys. 

No comments:

Post a Comment