Monday 20 January 2014

PLACEMENT DIARY - DAY 6:

Today's outfit

Vita Coco and water on my desk to keep me hydrated!
A sneak peak inside Asos HQ (apologies for the blur)


I was so excited to start at Asos as I am so into the brand. Plus when I went for my interview I fell in love with the Ugly Betty style building and the contemporary office decor. I arrived at 10am and headed straight to the PR department. I initially met the team and everyone was so friendly. There is also another intern named Alice who I have been working alongside and she was able to teach me all of the basics which thankfully I picked up really quickly.

I have been allocated my own desk which is pretty cool. I've never had my own desk before! Georgina, the manager, talked me through everything and I got to work straight away. My main responsibilities are managing returns and deliveries, packing everything away, merchandising the show room and organising the fashion cupboard. I have to use Fashion GPS which is a database to manage all of the samples. My job involves inputting samples and data into the database and labelling the samples with the correct barcodes so that we can scan them into the system and locate them. 

Perks of the job have to be seeing all the free gifts Asos give away to celebrities and bloggers. Today I sent packages to Cara Delevingne, Ellie Goulding and Jourdan Dunn. Also handling all of the SS14 collections before they are published on site is pretty awesome. I'm an Asos shopper myself, so now I can keep track of my favourite pieces and get hold of them before anyone else! Roll on tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment